What do you put first – yourself, your business, your family, your hobbies… your sanity?
Being an entrepreneur and trying to make it in the handmade business world, we know many of you may be neglecting taking time time off from your busy schedules to take care of the most important resource you have – yourself.
But how important is self-care and how does it translate to your business? That’s what this week’s episode is all about. We talk about self-care… you know… that thing that brings you pure joy!
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
what we cover in this episode:
- How we define self-care and how it translates to business
- Is self-care a luxury and privilege?
- What kinds of self-care we love doing
- Does the frequency of doing self-care matter
- The things we thought were self-care before and the self-care we do now
- The reality of doing self-care when you have kids and other priorities
- Doing something you actually enjoy vs.what you think you should enjoy
- The judgement attached to self-care
- Crafting that aren’t for sale as part of self-care
- Losing the magic of a hobby as a form self-care when it turns into a business
- The importance of looking after yourself and its effect on your business
- Scheduling time for self-care