YAY! It’s finally here, the end of 2020! To say that this year has been everything but what we planned it would is the understatement of the century. We’re pretty excited to put the last 12 months behind us, but sadly… we’re also pretty sure 2021 is going to bring its own set of challenges.
In this 2-part series, we go back on the year to share with you what we’ve learnt, what we struggled with, the silver linings we’ve found amongst the craziness, and how we’re getting ourselves ready for 2021.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
what we cover in this episode:
- Exciting announcement and changes for our Patreon and handmade business community;
- It takes time to make a profit when running a business;
- What it’s like living in Australia during and after the lockdown;
- The current situation in different parts of Australia and our own experience and observation in this time of pandemic;
- Impacts of government restrictions such as travel bans, etc., due to Covid-19 to different people, kids, and families abroad;
- How the pandemic changes our outlook when planning for the future;
- Business and personal plans that were cancelled due to pandemic;
- Some unfortunate events and fortunate outcomes;
- Running the State of Handmade Business Survey next year;
- How our own businesses were affected due to the uncertainty during the first couple of months after the lockdown;
- Looking for opportunities rather than focusing on fear;
- What our outlook in our own businesses based on data and possible external factors is;
- 2020 turned out to be an amazing year for online retailers as the pandemic forces people to shop online.