WElcome to part 2 of our mini-series on planning for your handmade business in 2019.
In this episode, we move beyond visioning and into the details of planning and goal setting. In other words – we outline how to take your vision, and make it a reality.
It’s so easy to dream – to have grand ideas of what our business will become – but unless we turn those dreams into concrete plans, it’s all too easy for those dreams to stay nothing more than a wish in our heads for year upon year.
We have to learn how to take a dream and extract all the action steps that we need to follow to actually achieve what it is we dream of.
We share our own personal planning techniques, as well as give you a bunch of tips for how to best turn your vision into reality in 2019.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
we now have a patreon page!
Get a bunch of rewards – including behind-the-scenes photos, video & audio, links to your business – you could even get a shout-out to your biz on the show.
Check it out below and help us to keep creating The Business of Making every week for you…
what we cover in this episode:
- Practicality and planning for the New Year
- How the Makers Haven ladies do our planning and the different methods we use in planning our year
- When the best time to plan 2019 is
- Not worrying about not having plans yet
- Planning on paper versus planning digitally
- Focus for each quarter, month, and day
- Planning big events
- Looking ahead and being clear of what’s coming
- Knowing the 3 priorities that will make that one-word vision a reality
- Creating your vision and implementing and how it shouldn’t be one or the other
- Under planning
- Prioritizing for the day using a separate list
- Putting or writing down your plans where you go to get your tasks done
- Why writing stuff down helps
- That you can plan and you can also change the plan
- Not letting an opportunity that comes along hinder you from taking it just because of the plans you have already set
- Be flexible
- How planning reduces stress levels