Almost everyone gets caught up in the vanity metrics. Unfortunately, ranking high in those metrics won’t help increase sales in your handmade business.
So what numbers should you be focusing on then? That’s what this episode is all about. We’ll be helping you figure out what data you should be paying attention to and why.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
How do you know what strategy is working or not? By looking and analysing metrics or insights. In understanding metrics, you’ll know what marketing decision to make in driving your handmade business to succeed.
what we cover in this episode:
- Why vanity metrics doesn’t matters such as followers;
- Reasons why some social media accounts with a few followers get more engagements;
- Your community will not always become a customer;
- Some tips on creating posts for your customers, and the difference with posts for your community;
- Creating a demand for your handmade products VS what you want to make;
- What Engagement means and the 3 levels of Engagement;
- How to warm up your audience and turn them into customers;
- The connections between engagement rate and impressions/reach;
- Why being aware of how apps work as explained in the Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma is the key;
- Thinking about how to beat the algorithms doesn’t work;
- How to get over feeling a tension like you’re selling out by selling your handmade products;
- The definitions and importance of Conversion Rate;
- Why Email Subscribers number is important;
- Difference between email marketing and social media marketing metrics;
- Relation between metrics and how to analyse multiple metrics.
- The Social Dilemma
- Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion by Jia Tolentino
- Your Stand Is Your Brand: How Deciding Who to Be (NOT What to Do) Will Revolutionize Your Business by Patrick Gentempo
- Episode 27: Should you use paid advertising for your handmade business?
- Episode 33: Social media is only the start of your customer journey