We’re getting deep into the mindset of growth in this episode…
Did you start 2020 planning the whole year or maybe the next few months?
Most of us did and right now all of that is on pause. So how are we (and you!) coping – and what makes it easier for some rather than others to pivot and stay productive in the current climate?
All that and more in this episode of the show – so grab a hot beverage, a project, or take a walk, and hang out with us!
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
what we cover in this episode:
- Things that is helping us cope with the situation and what’s been keeping us occupied
- Stuff that we’re doing differently now and how much has changed
- Personal experience of other makers on how they are coping
- Growth mindset and what that means and how it can help people cope
- Carol Dweck and the Implicit Theory of Intelligence
- The importance of having a growth mindset
- What ‘normal’ means and why things will not go back to ‘normal’
- There are solutions to every obstacle you will run into
- Tracy Matthews’ business story and how she overcame obstacles
- Why you need more strength and resilience and not motivation
- Grit Theory and what it is and the Grit Scale
- It’s okay to do things differently right now
- Learning to be kinder to yourself
- Just being and not doing