We talk about a topic close to our hearts and to every single part of our body really!
We chat health, ergonomics, and how important these are for people who work from home in their own business (and everybody, really!).
In today’s episode we cover the things we never really thought about previously in terms of keeping our minds and bodies healthy in order to perform at our best in our business, and how exercise and moving has helped not only our bodies but our brains. More clarity, more energy, more productivity and overall better business health!
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
what we cover in this episode:
- What physical activity does, not only for the body, but also for the brain
- The book Spark making a huge difference to those who have read it.
- How exercise is more for your brain
- How exercise can make you less stressed out, anxious, and depressed
- How exercise completely changes your life and make you feel better about yourself
- Finding something that works for you if you are not motivated to go to the gym
- Doing those 7 minute work outs if time is an issue. Some is better than none!
- Doing different things and get out of the house.
- Moving around and keeping yourself healthy
- How exercising gives your energy and makes you feel more alive
- Quieting the mind for creative insight
- Taking care of ourselves first or else we won’t be able to function properly.
- You are your number 1 asset
- You are more important than your business because your creativity comes from you.
- As a maker, taking care of your eyes, looking at the distance, changing the focus of your eyes, and making sure your posture is proper
- Repetitive stress injury
- Taking breaks, standing up, moving around and stretching!
- It’s never too late to start taking care of yourself now before it’s too late
The Business of Making facebook group is a place for everyone to share experiences and tips to remind all of us to take care of our bodies and minds for a more successful Maker in you!