how do you get people to your online shop?
What’s the first method you think of? Is it social media? Search? Advertising?
There are so many different ways to drive traffic to your handmade shop online – and some are definitely more effective than others.
In this episode we help you identify different traffic sources you can use to get your work noticed.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
what we cover in this episode:
- Differences between major social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Why we are not using new social media platforms
- Being aware of your target market and what social media platforms to use
- How to drive traffic using search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pinterest is a search engine and not a social media platform
- Difference between Pinterest and Google
- SEO takes a little more time to do
- Using paid ads to get traffic and where to put your ads
- The value of using PR as a local business
- How getting featured in press can also work for online business
- Participating in live shows\
- Partnering with influencers or working with fellow makers who makes products that complements your stuff
- Tips on what to be aware of when working with influencers
- Selling your products in brick and mortar shops
- Benefits of doing consignments
- Word of mouth is the oldest of traffic source
- Tips you can do to persuade positive word of mouth
- The State of Handmade Survey