It’s either you fail or you learn…
At some point we all feared failing and we also have failed. Nobody’s immune to fear. When the risk is higher like running you own handmade business the fear of failure is higher too.
That’s why in this week’s episode we talk about our own experience with failure and the less known kind of fear, success.
Yes, it’s legit real. Fear of success exists but what is that exactly?
In this week’s episode we answer what it is, how to deal with both kinds of fear, and many more.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Fear is something a lot of us struggle with. It’s not just fear of failure that we as makers face. Some of us also fear success and it’s real. In this episode, we discuss how you can confront or deal with your fear of failure and success
what we cover in this episode:
- Examples of fear of failure and success
- Why fear of failure is quite common for a creative business
- What to do when you’re feeling fearful of failing
- Creativity is embracing failure
- Why creatives need to be open to failing and changing strategies
- Our own experiences with many launches that have failed
- Keep failing, keep learning, keep getting better
- It’s never going to be perfect anyway when you launch something so just get it out there
- Why you are not your failure and your work is not who you are
- Not holding on to your failure by turning it into a lesson
- Why you need to expect failure and that is OK
- The difference between handmade business years ago and now
- Reasons why people fail and will never succeed
- Why it’s important to be flexible, accept feedback and be willing to change in order to succeed
- What reflective thinking skills mean
- Why some of your fears may be unwarranted and not happen at all
- How best to deal with trolls
- Being a slave to your business as a result of being successful
- You can’t quit on a bad day
- When to actually decide when it’s time to quit
- How to break down the real reason behind your fears