It’s party time!
Can you believe it? It’s already been a year since we started The Business of Making. To celebrate, we are doing things a little bit differently today and taking you behind the scenes as we open up about the *real* reason we started the podcast, what our plan was initially, why it has changed and what it is now! We can’t wait to hear what you think, so make sure to join our Facebook Group and to let us know your thoughts!
Thank you so much for being with us every week this part year. We appreciate you and your support, and are looking forward to bringing you even more great resources to grow your handmade business in the future.
If you haven’t yet, you can also join our Patreon community and become a producer of the show for as little as $1 a month (with some perks obviously!) – Learn more and become our patron HERE.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
It’s TBOM’s anniversary podcast and this episode is extra special. We’re taking you behind the scenes, sharing the story of how this podcast started, what changes happened, and the lessons we learned along the way. Most importantly, we are revealing the plans we have for all you makers out there.
what we cover in this episode:
- How TBOM started and what happened to the conference we initially planned;
- Reasons why the conference didn’t push through this year;
- Our exciting new plan to meet makers ;
- Why you need to start preparing for your trip to Australia if you’re outside the country 😉
- The real purpose of The Business of Making podcast;
- Our shared core values and beliefs and the reasons we like working together despite being in competition with each other;
- How we plan, record, and edit our podcast;
- Our recording setup;
- The problems we encounter when recording our episodes;
- How we decide our topics.