Have you ever tried and failed at working with an accountability buddy?
You’re not alone. In fact, the three of us have tried and failed at working with an accountability buddy at some point. Of course, there were occasions when the relationship worked and we got things done.
So what, why and when does having an accountability buddy NOT work? Most importantly, what can you do to make it work?
These are just some questions we answered in this week’s episode.
Enjoy, and when you’re done, come and let us know what you thought and what you are using yourself in our Facebook group.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
Are you the type of person who needs someone to hold you accountable with what you set out to do? In this episode we talk about why it may not always work for some people and the reasons why it doesn’t.
what we cover in this episode:
- What is an accountability buddy means
- Some reasons why it may not work for you
- Gretchen Rubin’s 4 tendencies: Upholder, Obliger, Rebel, Questioner
- What type of personality based on 4 tendencies may help determine whether an accountability buddy will work for you
- Internal vs external motivation
- Setting consequences for not reaching a goal
- Other options besides having an accountability buddy
- Getting into the real reason why you are not getting stuff done
- Deciding whether you actually need an accountability buddy
- Finding the right accountability buddy for you
- Setting a time period for doing an accountability buddy
Episode 40 – Why finding a support network is crucial – and where to find it