ah, social media…
Social media networks are fantastic… until they’re not.
Social media can help you reach new customers, get more visibility and get more sales for your shop. On a personal level, it can also be a great source of inspiration and motivation.
But there’s a dark side to it all: getting sucked into it too much and wasting time, energy and losing productivity, comparing yourself to others and feeling less than great about it, problematic or unconsiderate comments, etc.
In this episode, we talk about setting boundaries both on a professional and personal level with social media so that you can get the benefits of it – with as little drawbacks as possible.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
How many times do you go into your social media account to work but end up spending hours just browsing and not getting anything done? We think it’s time to set boundaries and that’s what we’re talking about in this episode.
what we cover in this episode:
- Struggles of using social media when you’re an introvert or you’re not a natural about sharing personal information;
- Different purposes of using social media;
- Comparison between social media years ago and now;
- Social media is designed to keep you in the platform;
- The negative aspects of social media and how to deal with it;
- How to check on your competitor without it affecting you or your business strategies;
- Unfollowing people that don’t inspire you;
- Be careful who you friend on Facebook;
- Choosing specific audience list to get control on who will see your posts;
- Deciding to separate your personal and business accounts;
- Strategies to put external boundaries around your social media use;
- Deleting social media apps on your phone;
- Interacting with people’s emotions on the internet is still interacting with people’s emotions and can still be draining;
- Apps that locks you out of certain apps.