Do you find yourself saying that you have an ‘etsy business’?
In this episode, we challenge the idea of an ‘Etsy business’ – and discuss how we recommend you think about your business instead.
We discuss the history of Etsy – what it was when it started, versus what it is now – and outline why we think you need to always be thinking beyond just ‘selling on Etsy’.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
what we cover in this episode:
- Pros and cons of selling on Etsy
- What Etsy is all about and if you should still sell there
- What draws people to Etsy
- The difference between an ‘Etsy seller’ vs having a handmade business
- The cons of depending on Etsy alone to sell your handmade products
- Difference between Etsy before and now
- Competition is a good thing. Don’t be afraid of it
- The biggest things that annoys us about Etsy
- You can’t compete on price because that’s not how to run your business
- What it takes to sell your handmade products on Etsy
- Do not get trapped in the platform
- Other ways to sell your handmade product