So you’ve been thinking of starting a handmade business or maybe you already have. One of the biggest questions you need to know the answer to is what pain points does your product solve.
Yeah, we know what you’re thinking… “What does pain point mean? Whoah! That sounds complicated!”
In this week’s episode we explain what it means, why it’s important, and most of all how you can identify it for your handmade products.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
Most handmade businesses started out as a hobby and thinking about what our handmade product solves was not something we all really initially thought about. It’s not about solving world peace or something existential but it is important to point out what the benefits of our products are. In this episode, we talk about how you can figure out what the pain points of your handmade products are in the process of getting to know your customers better.
what we cover in this episode:
- What your ideal customers need or want
- Why your product is good and what its benefits are
- Business purpose and paint points are different
- Level of needs that need fulfilling
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Where in this hierarchy does your product fit?
- List of key features of your product why it is relevant to your customers
- Talk about the benefits first before the features
- The benefits of your products are what draws your customers in
- The 5 WHYs technique