selling one-of-a-kind handmade items online can be a real struggle.
When you make reproducible products, there is a whole swathe of work you only have to do once – but when you sell OOAK, you have to do this work for EVERY item.
You have to photograph it, edit the photos, write a description, work out tags/keywords, upload everything… and the list continues! This makes selling OOAK online very time-consuming.
So – can it be done? Should it be done? And what are some strategies to make it less time-consuming, and more profitable?
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
what we cover in this episode:
- Making and selling one of a kind items
- Creating product collections VS making different things all the time
- How to get your messaging to the right customers
- Creating a “bread and butter” line
- Pricing one of a kind items
- Building a fanbase/following wanting to have your work