Mates rates, sales to get a sale…
Is it ever a good idea to offer a discount or have a sale?
If everyone else is doing it, should you also be doing it? When is the right time to offer a discount? What’s the actual purpose of running a sale? Should you participate in sales events like Black Friday or the Boxing Day Sales?
Listen in on our new episode because this might be what you need to hear to help you decide whether you should also participate in the next big sale event in your area.
We hope you enjoy this episode – when you’re done listening, make sure to come and let us know what you thought in our free Facebook group.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
In-Person Mastermind Events in Australia: We Need Your Help!In case you missed the big news, we announced a few episodes back that we are going to organise in-person Mastermind events in a few cities in Australia this year, and we’re pretty excited about it (to say the least!). These events will be an opportunity to work closely with the 3 of us, in a small group setting. Think super actionable, “let-s-get-it-done-together-right-now” events. BUT… We need your help! We need you to help us tailor this event to what YOU really need to work on in your handmade business + you’ll get to help us pick which cities we should travel to! Click this link and take this super short survey to let us know:
what we cover in this episode:
- Difference between businesses that sell made to order products or on-stock products.
- Don’t feel like you have to participate in sales events.
- Discounts aren’t for everyone.
- Why you should participate or avoid it.
- How and when to give special discounts especially for your loyal customers.
- How constantly giving discounts can devalue your brand.
- What to do when someone asks for a discount.
- Building a list of customers who are interested in your products.
- Do the thing that works for you and your business.
- Is it worth it?