It’s time to audit your handmade business
It’s that time of the year again when you might be thinking of giving your handmade shop a refresh for 2022. Before the year ends most of us usually plan for the next year. Some of those plans may include changes in some aspects of your handmade business.
In this episode, we give you some high level things you need to think about to start the year with better SEO.
But not everyone has the time to make big changes. So we will also share with you some tips that don’t take much work but make a big difference in your conversion rate.
This is the episode you shouldn’t miss if you want actionable steps for better conversion and better sales.
~ Mikaela, Deb & Jess
PS. To all our Patrons! Live Ask Us Anything is happening on December 15th at 10:30 AEDT (Sydney time). We’re excited to see you all but to our Patrons who can’t make it, you can send your questions in through the pinned post we sent here on Patreon. If you’re not yet a Patron, there’s still time to join us by signing up to our Patreon community.
Does your shop need a refresh? In this episode we talk about how to audit your handmade business to get better conversion.
What we cover in this episode:
- Figuring out what the main bottleneck is in your shop by asking if you have a traffic problem;
- What a good conversion rate means and when is the right time to check it;
- Which data to look at when checking your conversion rate analytics;
- Don’t get too obsessed about the conversion rate;
- Warm traffic VS. cold traffic and why you should focus on the former;
- What to avoid doing on social media that ruins your conversion rate data and Etsy algorithm;
- Why changing strategies in a short period of time may not give you the best result;
- Learning too much and not implementing enough;
- Set goals and set an action plan;
- Manifest your goals by taking action;
- Rather than making something new why not improve on what you already have;
- Improving your SEO on your existing products;
- Don’t mess with the stuff that’s working;
- Tips on how to improve your current product photos;
- Getting someone to go through every web page in your shop to look for errors and that everything looks good;
- Why it’s checking what the competition is doing and what’s happening in your niche;
- Set a time and schedule when you will do the audit.
Mentions and resources:
- Episode 90: Why you need to pay attention to conversion rates
- Join the handmade community discussion at The Business of Making Community – Facebook Group