Is your first business a success or not? Be honest.
Your first business may not run as smoothly as you may have imagined. And we’re here to tell you that it’s perfectly okay.
We can say this because we’ve been there. Our current business isn’t the first one we’ve started. As a matter of fact we’ve had several businesses that we had to close down before finally finding the right business that works for us.
In this week’s episode, we talk about the businesses we’ve run and the lessons that we learned along the way.
We wanted to share this with all makers and businesses owners because the truth is not everyone gets it on the first try. You may have to change, pivot, and even restart several times in order to find that one business that will work for you.
~ Mikaela, Deb & Jess
In this week’s episode we talk about how we started our entrepreneurial careers and the lessons we learned along the way.
What we cover in this episode:
- Our first ever attempts at making money as young entrepreneurs;
- Several jobs, freelancing works, and side hustles we did before becoming business owners;
- Common problems we’ve encountered when we first started our handmade business and what we’ve learnt;
- Why we’ve stopped working on several businesses we’ve started;
- Successful doesn’t mean profitable;
- Quitting your business is not a failure;
- What we’ve discovered about ourselves throughout the businesses we’ve run;
- How we finally found the right business that’s aligned with our values and personality;
- Spotting when to chase or ignore shiny objects.
Mentions and resources: