Is influencer marketing good for your handmade business?
In recent years, influencer marketing has become quite a big industry on it’s own. It used to be only dominated by celebrities and big brands or businesses. But, that’s no longer the case. Anyone can now become an influencer. Even small businesses can work together or collaborate with them too.
There are benefits to this kind of marketing but there are also risks to it. So in this episode we talk about the good, bad, and ugly side of influencer marketing.
Are you thinking of working with an influencer and are not sure how this industry works? Look no further because this episode is for you. Know what things to look for and avoid when working with an influencer to make the most of your time and money.
~ Mikaela, Deb & Jess
PS. Here’s the link to the photos using filters 🙃
Influencer marketing is one of the ways that big brands and businesses use to promote their products. Can makers also leverage the power of influencer marketing to reach potential customers?
What we cover in this episode:
- What influencers are, what they do and how influencer marketing works;
- How to find the right influencer for your handmade business;
- Benefits of marketing your handmade products through influencer marketing;
- Why you should not look at follower numbers when choosing an influencer to work with;
- A list of things to ask a potential influencer before working with them;
- Difference between brand ambassador and a micro influencer;
- Be clear on your goal and your expectation when working with influencers;
- What to look out for to avoid working with the wrong influencers;
- Feeling conflicted about being called influencers and the negative perception of influencer marketing;
- Authenticity, transparency and alignment of values are important factors when choosing an influencer.
Mentions and resources: