well hello there, maker!
Have you had any time yet to start planning your first promo for the year? Or do you have absolutely no clue where to start?
This week on the Business of Making Podcast we’re chatting about planning your marketing around special events and holidays throughout the year, including projected timelines, international ordering dates, turn-around times, sales and not doing everything!
We hope you enjoy this episode – when you’re done listening, make sure to come and let us know what you thought in our free Facebook group.
Have a lovely week,
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
In-Person Mastermind Events in Australia: We Need Your Help!
In case you missed the big news, we announced a few episodes back that we are going to organise in-person Mastermind events in a few cities in Australia this year, and we’re pretty excited about it (to say the least!). These events will be an opportunity to work closely with the 3 of us, in a small group setting. Think super actionable, “let-s-get-it-done-together-right-now” events. BUT… We need your help! We need you to help us tailor this event to what YOU really need to work on in your handmade business + you’ll get to help us pick which cities we should travel to! Click this link and take this super short survey to let us know:
Have any special events planned for the holidays? Let us help you plan your holiday marketing so that you can make more sales!
what we cover in this episode:
- Which holidays resonate most with your customers
- Knowing where your main target market is located
- What kind of holidays your main target market are celebrating
- How far in advance you need to be planning
- The things you need to be doing and when you need to be doing them
- Doing a specific product line or collection for a specific holiday
- Quantifiable and measurable planning
- Promotion and selling phase
- Why you don’t have to do it all
- Types of holiday and sales promotion
- Being your own boss and making your own decisions
- Learning from our mistakes