Selling your handmade products anywhere is possible
The world is big and it’s even more accessible now which means you can sell to pretty much anywhere. Selling to different markets, however, also means that you have to deal with different challenges. Of the first challenges you will encounter is the language barrier and here are some questions most handmade business owner like you need an anwer to:
- How do you organize your marketing strategy when the country you want to sell to has a different language than yours?
- Do you need different websites to cater to different languages?
- How do you communicate with people who speak a different language?
We answer all of these questions and more in this week’s episode.
~ Mik, Deb, Jess
There are some important considerations to think about when selling in different languages. In this episode we discuss the dilemma that makers must overcome when selling in different languages.
What we cover in this episode:
- Why it’s confusing to use more than 2 languages in your website or in one platform;
- Taking advantage of Etsy’s auto translation to market to multiple languages;
- What to do when marketing in one country with multiple languages;
- Translating your marketing materials to different languages takes time;
- Important questions you should ask yourself before selling to a market with a different language
- Possible problems you will encounter when marketing to multiple languages;
- The pros and cons of using Google Translate and plug-ins to auto translate your website;
- What we often recommend to makers when it comes to website and email marketing strategies in different languages;
- How to reply to a customer who communicates with you in a different language and what not to write to avoid confusion.