Can your handmade business finish strong this 2021?
Most businesses want to end the year better and stronger. Who doesn’t, right? But that can only happen when you plan early on and in alignment with specific goals that you have.
That’s why it’s important for us to do a mid-year check-in to evaluate the progress on the plans that we made in the previous months. We think you can benefit from making this a habit as well whenever you’re making plans for your handmade business.
So join us in this week’s episode as we chat about the important aspects you need to consider when planning for the next couple of months to help your handmade business finish strong this 2021!
~ Mik, Deb, Jess
In this episode we are talking about the progress that we’ve accomplished and failed to do with the plans we made for the first half of 2021. And now we’re sharing with you our process on how to plan for your handmade business for the rest of the year.
What we cover in this episode:
- How far along we plan for our handmade business;
- Why the financial year is different here in Australia and in different parts of the world;
- Checking back on your plans and the progress you’ve made as well as evaluating your goals can greatly help you adjust your future plans;
- Making space from your current tasks to make way for new projects;
- The challenges we faced when executing our plans in the first half of the year;
- What usually happens in June when planning for our handmade business which you can probably relate to;
- Timeline for content planning and the problems that we usually encounter;
- Different types of work may need more lead time to prepare for that’s why you have to plan months ahead;
- Why it’s important to add lead-up time when planning for your handmade business;
- Planning for Christmas and everything around this time should be done right now.
- Episode 8 – Planning for 2019 Part 1 – Clarify your vision for the year
- Episode 9 – Planning for 2019 Part 2 – How to make your vision happen
- Episode 12 – Planning your marketing around special events and holidays
- Episode 41 – Countdown to Christmas – It’s time to plan!
- Episode 47 – How to create a planning system?
- The Business of Making Community – Facebook Group