Running out of creative juices? Here’s some ideas to get the flow going
Many makers like you and us have probably encountered some problems involving creativity. It could be the feeling of running out ideas or perhaps having too many ideas and not enough time.
Creativity means a lot of different things. That’s why in the first part of this episode we clearly define what we mean by creativity and why it’s different from inspiration. And of course we’re sharing with you some tips to overcome that feeling of getting stuck.
~ Mik, Deb, Jess
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
Do you feel like you’re running out of ideas? In this episode we talk all about creativity, the kind of problems we encountered about it and what you need to do about it.
What we cover in this episode:
- Some problems we encounter with creativity;
- Creativity means a lot of different things. Creativity VS Inspiration;
- What problem solving has to do with creativity;
- Why it’s alright not to have a lot of ideas;
- The difference between art VS design;
- Why identifying what the problem is is more helpful when you’re feeling stuck;
- Some examples of how you may be stopping the flow of creativity;
- Bad ideas can spark good ideas;
- Why getting someone else’s opinion can help you get a different perspective and make your idea better;
- Creativity doesn’t start from a blank space. Curate your own experience of that creative process and add constraints;
- Why development process is constantly changing and evolving;
- Creating a brief can help you arrive at a solution in a more organized way;
- Some insights on our own creative process;
- Asking yourself if you really need a new idea or can you improve on an idea that you already have;
- Don’t feel like you need to create new designs.