The survey results are in!
All industries we’re affected by the pandemic in one way or the other. But how much did Covid-19 impacted the handmade community?
In this year’s State of Handmade Survey we added a new section about how the pandemic affected handmade businesses. And that’s what we will be focusing on in this week’s episode as we discuss the results.
Some of the survey results were as expected but others were quite surprising.
~ Mik, Deb, Jess
In today’s episode we are discussing the results of the State of Handmade Survey 2021. Some of the results were surprising and others we’re what was expected. Join us as we delve into the new data about how the pandemic has impacted the handmade industry.
What we cover in this episode:
- How many makers have started their handmade business because of Covid;
- Possible reasons why makers have innovated their business during the pandemic;
- How much time handmade makers spent in their business and if they made any changes;
- Makers that pivoted to selling covid-related products and how many are still selling the same items;
- Percentage of makers that have started selling online because of Covid;
- How the online boom forced industries to start selling online;
- The majority of makers has increased their sales during the pandemic;
- Makers who have changed their marketing strategies during Covid;
- Comments from real makers about how they have managed their businesses during the pandemic.