What does storytelling have to do with your business?
Storytelling is not just limited to books and movies. It’s also applied to connecting your brand to your customers. And this is what the book Building a Storybrand by Donald Miller is all about and this is what we are discussing in this week’s book club episode.
What benefits can a powerful story give to handmade makers’ business? Is this book valuable to handmade makers specifically? And should you apply the concepts presented in this book?
If you want to know the answers to the questions above, you can listen to the latest episode in here or on your favourite podcast app.
AND… if you’ve already read the book, we’d love to know your thoughts about it.
~ Mik, Deb, Jess
Every business owner knows how a powerful story can help warm up cold customers. The good news is there’s a process to creating powerful stories and that’s what this week’s book club episode is all about.
What we cover in this episode:
- Understanding what a story arc is, what makes it interesting, and why the formula works for telling stories of your business;
- The formula for building a story according to the book;
- Clarifying your role as the business owner in the story of your business and what the biggest mistake most makers make when connecting to your customers;
- Balancing talking about yourself and talking about your business;
- Why your customers need to know the backstory of your business and why you need to sell the story behind the product and not the product itself;
- Template storytelling that becomes off-putting;
- How to work out the benefits of your products to your customers;
- Knowing your customers helps you create stories behind your products and your business;
- Crucial questions you need to answer for your customers which is a part of telling your story;
- What potential customers must answer in order to engage with your brand;
- When fear based marketing is authentic and when it becomes a problem;
- How handmade makers should position their products VS affordable cheap products.
- Next book club book > WOLFPACK: How to Come Together, Unleash Our Power, and Change the Game by Abby Wombach