We can’t believe that this is our 100th episode – we are so excited to be hitting this milestone!
To celebrate, we are chatting about how The Business of Making started, reminiscing on how far we’ve come, and looking forward to where it’s heading.
THANK YOU all so much for helping us to get here – we could not have done it without the support of you – our listeners and Patrons.
The Business of Making Podcast – Made by Makers.
Here’s to another 100 episodes!
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
In this episode we cover:
- How The Business of Making podcast came to be;
- The original purpose of the podcast, how it evolved, and the plans that were put on hold or cancelled;
- Why we added Patreon instead of running ads;
- Recapping our previous episodes, memorable moments, and the topics that we agree to disagree;
- The difference between a coach and a teacher;
- How to find the coach, teacher, or training that’s right for you;
- Marketing tactics work but it’s very easy to lose sight of the customers you are trying to help;
- What we really want all makers to learn by listening to our podcast;
- Why ethics is important in business and some criteria to look for before entering a business partnership with someone;
- How the State of Handmade Survey started;
- Our plans for the future and what more can our audience can look forward to from The Business of Making podcast.